Thursday, August 14, 2008

Naples/Capri Italy

Seeing as how both Fei and I have the attention span of a fruit fly, we got bored after a few days of Roman ruins and decided to hop a train to Naples. Naples is GHETTO and people there are so RUDE!!! We stayed at a youth hostel with only 1 shower in the girls bathroom...but 4 in the boys. Tell me how that makes sense??? Safe to say, I spent a lot of time showering in the boy's bathroom which led to many confused looks when I got out. Naples is the birthplace of Pizza, so it would be rude of me to eat anything else, wouldn't it? There really isn't much to do in this mafia-run town. We didn't even take any pictures! We met a couple of cool people from Canada and Australia who traveled with us for a few days. Since there was nothing to do in Naples, we took a boat to Capri. Capri was absolutely gorgeous! Overpriced, but very posh and beautiful. All the guys have their collars popped and everyone looks like an old leather bag. How do they find it attractive?? Somebody look up the skin cancer statistics of this city! I spent a good chunk of the day laying out by the beach. Its crazy...everyone goes topless here! It doesn't matter if you're 70 years old or 700 pounds, they all strip off their bikini tops! Sorry guys, no pictures ;P


I have to say, swimming in the Mediterranean Sea was a highlight of this trip!


The Blue Grotto is hands down one of the most hypnotically beautiful natural wonders of the world. We were not allowed to touch the water, but it was so blue that it was almost purple. To reach the grotto, we had to lay down flat in our boats to get through the tiny opening. Definitely worth seeing if you are ever in Capri!


Our tour guide let us jump out and swim in this lesser important grotto. The tide was so strong, there were times I was afraid I would get swept away!


Why pay big bucks for hot rock massages when you can do it yourself?



On the way to Capri, half the boat got sea sick. I managed to hold it together (barely), but the entire row behind me had vomited on the floor!!!! YUCKKKKKKKK. The ride back was much better because we took a larger boat. Here I am on the boat with Mt. Vesuvius behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment