Thursday, August 14, 2008

Backpacking Paris

Paris was not as great as I remembered, but still fantastic! Here are pictures from my last Parisian adventure: http://wendystraveladventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/paris-2005.html

It helped that last time we had our own private tour guide :) And let me tell you....you know what they say about Parisians being smelly and hairy? Well its TRUE!!! I wanted to stand on the corner and pass out speedsticks and razors. I did however, enjoy the many lazy afternoons spent napping on various lawns (the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, The Louvre - OH YES, you CAN nap in the Louvre!) The best thing in the world are "midnight truffle neapoleans" which taste like someone poured heaven into your mouth. YUM! I miss the croissants already! And in the words of my cousin...."they don't taste like the Costco ones at all!"

Too many pictures to post. The rest can be found HERE

The Eiffel Tower was lit specially for Bastille Day (French Independence Day) to resemble the flag


Hundreds of Parisians gathered here for a free James Blunt concert. We had no idea what was going on until we woke up from our naps surrounded by hairy French women


climbing the stairs of the Arc du Triomphe.




hanging out on the Champs-Elysee. These two are off the chain


The Louvre


mummies are neat!


lol my brother is such a goofball


check out the crazy paparazzi scene in front of the Mona Lisa



LOL how very fitting for Fei :P


Versailles is so much prettier during the summer months! They actually turn on the fountains and play classical music throughout the gardens. It feels very Marie Antoinette walking through the hedge mazes! Check out my winter pictures HERE. BIG difference!


This video is the funniest thing ever!! The backstory is: Fei was trying to take one of those "jumping" pictures, but we decided it would be easier to take a video and screencap it later. Watch the video for more hilarity. There were a group of people behind us laughing so hard at our idiocy.



Marie Curie's tomb. I hope I don't get radiation poisoning!


Inside the Paris Opera house


The ceiling of the Opera House. My fat head is blocking the infamous chandelier that falls during Phantom of the Opera


3 pairs of tired feet relaxing on a Seine River boat tour. This was also the night my brother's passport fell out of his pocket, onto the boat deck. He was so unbelievably lucky to find it the next day. What an adventure THAT was!!!


My brother at Notre Dame pretending to be the Hunchback while terrorizing the citizens of Paris with his stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment