Tuesday, March 31, 2009

back in the great state of Texas!

Welcome [back] to Texas! I made it back home in a record 9 hours mainly because I had an expired inspection sticker and didn't stop along the way. Five hours into the trip I started to get tired and decided to pull over to a Dairy Queen in a small town in Texas. Not even 20 seconds after I turn off my ignition, the sheriff pulls into the parking spot to my left (the side of the windshield that my inspection sticker's supposed to be on). I thought fast and threw my over-night bag over my windshield. The cop came over and asked if I was lost or needed any help. I said to him, while still hiding my non-existant sticker, "oh I'm just looking for my earring, but thanks for checking officer". He goes inside to get an ice cream, then plops himself at the table RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY CAR. OH. CRAP. I kept pretending like I was looking for a lost earring while peaking at him through the corner of my eye and trying to think of an escape plan. All the while, the only thing going through my mind is "oh god, oh crap, oh god, oh crap". Then suddenly, the heavens parted and he gets up to go inside. I see it as my window of opportunity, hurl all of my stuff back into my car, and HAUL ass out of there. WHEW. Disaster averted!

and JUST in case I forgot I was in Texas....


After 3 years in the desert, I forgot how beautifully green it is in Texas!


My little white jeep reaches a milestone :)


HOME! My little doggie is the first to greet me


and then she's bored with me


I can't even begin to explain how fun it was to drive with all my blind spots covered up. But who cares, I'M HOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment